Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

To Everything There is a Season

Why is it that in the dead of winter we wish it was summer time, but in the heat of the summer we wish it was winter?? Or in life, we wish we were in a different "season" than where we are at current, but when we get to that "season" we wish we were in another.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 says, "To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven:"

This verse has challenged my heart many times! So often in my own life I miss the season I'm currently in, because I spend my time wishing the next season would hurry and come. Now I don't think the anticipation of the next season is wrong in itself. For example, toward the end of summer, I'm looking forward to the crisp fall mornings. But the error is missing the warmth and sunshine of the summer because I'm pining away and counting down the days until fall comes.

Ok- so are you wondering what all this talk about the seasons has to do with you and I? Here's the point I'm trying to make: God brings seasons into our lives. Some are wonderful and filled with warmth and love, while others are difficult and filled with many cold days. But as Solomon wrote in Ecclesiastes, there is a time and purpose for every season that God brings into our lives! We often must go through the harsh winds of winter to move onto the lovely flowers of spring. Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

So the next time you find yourself in the midst of a winter season, trust that God has a plan and has spring coming right around the corner. Don't miss the lessons and blessings God has for you in the season you are in by longing for the next. Find the purpose God has for you in the season you find yourself in today!!

All for His Glory,
Brettnay


No comments:

Post a Comment