Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

"Why on Earth are You Blogging Now?"

Well firstly, I am blogging because it is becoming more and more obvious to me that I need a strong prayer base. "What do you mean Simeon?" Well, as those of you who know me personally know, I am planning on being a missionary to Australia! I am currently at Crown College of the Bible studying in missions to learn helpful skills and tools to aid me in my efforts. However, no amount of skill and knowledge can replace a good prayer base.

Secondly, it is my goal to help those who are praying to stay up to date. It's so hard today with all the distractions out there to keep up with those who need the prayer. Do you know those nifty little boards in the back of most churches where the missionary letters are posted? What about those plastic office slot drawers some churches screw to the wall that all the missionary letters are piled in? Yes, I'm totally aware that NO ONE USES THEM! Most members of churches couldn't even say the name of one missionary they support let alone tell you what's going on in their lives! This is something I do not want to happen in my ministry.

Thirdly, I need something to keep me accountable. "What do you mean?" Well, I just so happen to be a human being and as such I am prone to stray. Scriptures say we have all gone astray and have turned every one to his own way. This unfortunately is our nature. "But aren't you saved?" Yes, of course! I trusted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior as a child and was Baptized at Central Baptist Church in Decatur, IL. What I mean is that it is in our nature to stray. All of us need help from time to time to stay faithful to the Lord. So those of you who end up following my blog, thank you. You are helping me stay faithful to that which God has called me to.

Sorry for the rather long blog post. They wont all be this long I promise. I'll also try and have interesting things to see here as well not just me rambling. Possibly have my fiance, +Brettnay Varner  post from time to time. Thanks again! Please share this in any way you can! The more people following this feed the more prayer support I'll have! If you use an RSS reader subscribe or follow me on Google+ for updates!

Thank you for your time,
Simeon Brazzell

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete