Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

Popsicles

Today at work, the AC went out. The supervisor over my entire department bought popsicles for everyone on the floor! Now, why am I blogging about popsicles? It triggered a thought, and I'd like to share it with you.

While I was consuming my delicious, frozen treat, something horrible happened. The chocolate popsicle began to drip! It dripped right onto my white shirt. Luckily a friend of mine had a Tide-to-go pen, and I was able to clean up. She then said to me, "Those things vanish on you, don't they?".

"Vanish", what else vanishes? The scripture says that this life is a vapor that "Appeareth for a little time, then vanisheth away." Like the popsicle that melted in the warm building, our lives are melting away. Some of us have less left than others, but all of us will vanish from this earth one day whether it be by death or by Christ's return. What does that mean for us? It means that we have precious little time on earth to do what is important. We all have families and friends. My fiance +Brettnay Varner and I decided that anytime we have a disagreement we'd do our best to solve it immediately so that we don't waste our precious time. No one has as much time as they think they do, so we need to make sure we have things in order.

King Hezekiah in the Old Testament was told to get his house in order by the prophet Isaiah. He was sick and going to die. He begged the Lord for more time and God gave him 15 more years. What would you do if you knew that you were going to die? What would be important and what wouldn't be? It changes your outlook doesn't it? 



Simeon Brazzell
II Tim 1:12

No comments:

Post a Comment